Saturday, September 8, 2007

Getting Started

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog. I'm an unpublished writer who has been working on a novel for longer than I care to admit and I thought a blog might be just the place to get some things off my chest. Don't worry. Nothing too deep. No politics or religion here, folks. Just some tiny, insignificant observations about my world and the people in it (names changed to protect the idiots, of course), the odd laugh, shopping tips, maybe a little venom now and then, but only directed at those who truly deserve it (people who cruise in the passing lane, irresponsible pet owners, skinny people on diets - you know who you are).

If you have anything to add, please do. Don't be shy. The blog police, to the best of my knowledge, won't swoop in with their virtual red pens and dock you for blatant lapses in spelling and punctuation. Nor will I. Although, if you happen to mix up they're, their and there or to, too and two, I will most definitely have a laugh at your expense and, quite possibly, show your gaffe to liquored-up friends and acquaintances at parties, but you will never know. After all, rubbing your nose in your mistake would be rude and unforgivable. Not to mention it would render it open season on me when I fuck up which, incidentally, I do with appalling regularity.

So, now that we're acquainted, what should we talk about first? Gimme some time to think. I'll be right back.

2 comments:

krispy said...

Will do best to use reasonable grammar, lest the red marker be whipped out. As per the idiots...c'mon-we want names.
incidentally, what's a gaffe? sounds like something to be choked on...

cagi1 said...

Well I guess if I cant spell I Souldnt leave a comment. You d laught at french people also. Or I would be one of the Idiotes lol